Are Safety Contracts Valid in Suicide Crisis Intervention?
Valdosta State University
You will Learn:
- To attend to best practice in crisis intervention
- To evaluate the validity and utility of safety contracts as a clinical strategy
- To practice alternatives to safety contracts
- Micrsokills relevant to suicide and crisis intervention technique
- To examine contemporary research findings regarding safety contracts
Clinicians have been taught that safety contracts are a standard for risk management and therapeutic intervention when an individual is actively suicidal. But are they really helpful? This 10 minute preview of our upcoming live webinar, "Suicidology: Your Responsibilities for Protecting Your Clients and the Public," which takes place on January 28th, 2014, speaks to the contemporary research on the validity and utility of safety contracts as a therapeutic strategy.
Sign up for a free Bronze membership today to receive your complimentary ondemand webinar!
Please provide a valid business e-mail to receive your access instructions.
Already a member? Log In
You will receive a Free Bronze Membership
to Healthcare Training Resource with your OnDemand Webinar!