Medical Records 101: Responding to Requests for Patient Information
Matthew P. Keris
Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman & Goggin
You will Learn:
- The process of subpoena service and when you should and should not respond
- What records you should not produce even when you receive a subpoena
- Best practices in the use and request for patient authorization
- Whether your information is protected by peer review, and
- The nuances and pitfalls of electronic medical records (EMRs) and when you have to turn over the embedded information not on the record itself
Is your office barraged with requests for patient information? Do you have concerns regarding the consistency in your responses to these requests? Unsure on how to respond to out-of-the-ordinary requests for a medical record? Then you need to listen to this preview of our full on-demand webinar, "Medical Records 101: Responding to Requests for Patient Information." Learn the important concepts and issues regarding patient and third-party requests for patient information. The webinar was prepared by Matthew Keris, a litigation attorney who has represented health care providers and lectured nationally on these issues for over a decade. Not only does the presentation review the issues from a health care providers’ perspective, but also from the requesting party.
Sign up for a free Bronze membership today to receive your complimentary ondemand webinar!
Please provide a valid business e-mail to receive your access instructions.
Already a member? Log In
You will receive a Free Bronze Membership
to Healthcare Training Resource with your OnDemand Webinar!