Discharge Codes: Impact on the Post-Acute Care Transfer Policy - Risks and Rewards
|OnDemand Webinar||$199||Add to Cart|
Improper understanding and application of discharge codes may result in reduced hospital reimbursement and represent a compliance risk under the PACT policy. William E. Haik, M.D. has been involved in ICD-9-CM coding and chart documentation for more than 25 years and will explain why the problem exists and how to remedy it.
AuthorsWilliam E. Haik, M.D., F.C.C.P., DRG Review, Inc.
Defining the Problem
- PACT Policy Background
- Description of PACT Policy
- Calculation of Hospital Payment
Why Does the Problem Exist?
- Incomplete Understanding of Discharge Codes
- Lack of Edits for Under Payment in CWF
- Examples of Discharge Code Errors
How to Solve the Problem
- Internal Action Plan
- External Auditors
How to Choose an External Auditor