Assessment of Adolescent Substance Use Disorders
Oscar G. Bukstein
University of Texas-Houston Medical School
You will Learn:
- The elements of a comprehensive assessment
- Screening options and the use of other assessment instruments
- What aspects of substance use are important in an assessment
- The importance of identifying risk factors as part of an assessment
- Optimal assessor behavior during as assessment
In this quick 10 minute preview, we will describe the critical elements of the assessment of adolescents suspected of having or having problems with substance use. Learn elements including screening and more comprehensive assessments. We will discuss the importance of screening for co-existing psychopathology and common areas of psychosocial impairment. Learn about the use of urine drug screens and other toxicological methods to detect use.
Sign up for a free Bronze membership today to receive your complimentary ondemand webinar!
Please provide a valid business e-mail to receive your access instructions.
Already a member? Log In
You will receive a Free Bronze Membership
to Healthcare Training Resource with your OnDemand Webinar!