Supporting Students with Disabilities in Making the Transition from School to Adult Life
David R. Johnson
University of Minnesota
You will Learn:
- What the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) require in terms of transition planning and outside agency participation
- What professionals should be involved in the transition planning process
- What role can social workers play in supporting the transition planning process
- Why it is important to plan early for the transition from school to adult life
- How social work professionals help students and families to health address students’ needs for housing, health services, and other services needed for community living
This segment specifically addresses issues concerning the transition planning process and stresses the importance of interagency collaboration, including the role of social workers. A smooth transition to adult services is more likely to occur if representatives from adult service agencies are included in the transition planning process as early as possible.
Sign up for a free Bronze membership today to receive your complimentary ondemand webinar!
Please provide a valid business e-mail to receive your access instructions.
Already a member? Log In
You will receive a Free Bronze Membership
to Healthcare Training Resource with your OnDemand Webinar!