Legal Process to Practice Over State Lines for Telebehavior and Telemental Health
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
As Telebehavior and Telemental health treatments become more popular, it is important to know the regulations and standards of practicing these over state lines.Knowing the regulations and ethical considerations of practicing telebehavior and telemental health over state lines is important to both the provider and recipient. In this topic, we will talk about this as well as what scope of practice is allowed over state lines and the standard of care that is expected to go along with that. Adhering to licensure rules and having the correct supervision can help you stay compliant when practicing out of your normal area.
AuthorsRyan Steven Johnson, Fredrikson & Byron P.A.
• Overview of State Licensure Rules
• Legal and Ethical Ways to Practice Across State Lines
Scope of Practice
• Physicians and Other Health Care Professionals
• Prescriptive Authority
The Patient/Provider Relationship
• Establishing Patient/Physician Relationship
• Standard of Care: Malpractice
• Other Patient Protections